A guild among friends on the realm Bladefist, WoW.

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Maglight - UH/FR Death Knight (Accepted)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gäst

PostSubject: Maglight - UH/FR Death Knight (Accepted)   Thu 10 Nov 2011 - 23:01

* Name: Christian

* Character name: Maglight

* Class: Death Knight

* Mainspec/offspec: Unholy and Frost / Depending on the encounter

* Professions: BS / Ench (Enough to cover both stat bonuses

* Armory-link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Maglite/simple

* List you experince in vanilla/tbc/wotlk/cata raids. If you have pre-cata experience, keep it to the character- and gear level it was designed for!

Vanilla (including current main character):
Birke- http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... rke/simple

My raiding experience in Vanilla was limited to 3 starter bosses in Molten Core, Zul Gurub, AQ20 in a guild called The Breed. I did play most of my time as Protection, offtank mostly.

The Burning Crusade (including current main characters):
Birke- http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... rke/simple
Maglite - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... ite/simple

The breed disbanded right at the start of the expansion and at the very start i mostly did random pvp on the warrior dungeons. This is where i took my first break from the game, traveled to moscow to study at the state university for 6 months. When i came back i picked up the game again. I got contacted by the GM of The Breed who wanted me to migrate to Bronzebeard realm. I did so and joined a guild which i in all honesty cannot remember the name of right now, been a few years. I raided as Fury and eventuelly arms when they buffed it to the skies. On the warrior i did Gruul, Magtheridon, 1-2 bosses in Hyjal, 3-4 bosses in BT, Gurtogg Bloodboil was the furthest one if i remember correctly.

At the very same time i leveled a Warlock back on my old realm, Bladefist. While leveling i met up with a nice bunch of scandinavian people and eventually i joined their guild on the warlock. We did Karazhan, TK, Magtheridon and Gruul. We had different raiding days from the guild on Bronzebeard so i was able to raid with both guilds, not much free time on the evenings so to speak.

Wrath of the Lich King (main character included):
Maglight - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... ght/simple

At the end of TBC, the guild Black Templars (the scandinavian guys) merged with a finnish guild (Ursae Minoris) in order to do 25 mans in Wotlk. We did so and formed the guild Ancient, which i am still in.
The thought for WOTLK was for me to migrate the warrior back to bladefist, due to the guild there disbanded.
I did that, and promised myself that i would not play death knight at all, due to everyone else will play it. Although when i got bored the first day i got WOTLK, i tried the DK starting quests and i didnt log back to my warrior in weeks, i was the 2nd person on the realm to hit lvl 80 on the DK and it has been my main ever since.
In Ancient we cleared Naxxramas, Ulduar, TotGC (except Anub HC), ICC (10/12 HC), Ruby Sanctum Normal. All in 25 man.

Cataclysm (main character included):
Maglight - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... ght/simple
Ancient kept on going as we did in Wotlk, never getting end bosses as realm first, but still getting the job done fairly early compared to other guilds. We cleared everything on normal int he first tier.
In BWD we did all but Nefarian Heroic.
In BOT we only did Halfus HC.
Throne of the four winds: both on normal.

In this second tier we have cleared 6/7 heroic bosses. After the news of the new Panda expansion many completely lost motivation to move further. We didnt even get a try at Ragnaros Heroic.
We are now at the point where im one of the few people remaining in the guild.

* What addons do you use?
Recount, DBM, Combo Points Redux, X-perl

* Incase you have an offspec - Do you have experience/gear for raiding with it?
From the very start of Wotlk ive been playing all possible specs and tried both viable and not very viable ones. Everything from ARP stacking blood dps to shadowfrost specs. I'd have to say that Unholy would be the spec iv'e played the most and started with DW frost the day Threat of Thassarian was introduced in Ulduar.
My knowledge with frost dps is very up to date as i've been running that spec most of the time during firelands.
In our 10 man and earlier 25 man runs, iv'e never really seen either of the specs as an mainspec nor offspec. I adapt quickly to an encounter that demands various specs.

Magmaw Heroic is an example of this; Add kiting through chillblains HB spam. I also tend to go frost when there's an encounter with heavy interrupting required, through the Endless Winter i can squeeze every GCD without having to worry about lack of RP for those vital interrupts.

I'll go unholy when theres heavy AOE required and no affliction lock present with the Jinx talent. An example of this would be Lich King heroic attempts on 25man, i went desecration as well as providing Ebon Plaguebringer for the casters. Also went as UH on Rhyolith to assist the casters on the small adds pre-nerf, obviously pestilencing from the legs and assisting with DnD for a little bunch of AoE as well.

* Describe you key bindings, rotations/priority and macros for your mainspec and offspec respectively:

I do not click any skills except for Army of the dead.
Going to type my keybinds for frost, its the spec ive played the most during Firelands.
1 - Pestilence
2 - Plague Strike
3- Chains of ice
4- Icy Touch
5 - Obliterate
6 - Outbreak
R - Mind Freeze
SHIFT+F - Strangulate
G - Anti-Magic Shell
§ - Macro including (Pillar of frost, Trinket, Bloodfury)
SHIFT+4 - Death Strike
SHIFT+G - Empower Rune Weapon
F - Hungering Cold
T - Frost Strike
V - Death Grip
X - Howling Blast
Scroll Down - Blood tap
Scroll Up - Death and Decay
SHIFT+T - Icebound Fortitude
Y - Death Pact
Capslock - Golemblood Potion
SHIFT+V - Dark Command
SHIFT+R - Focus Mind Freeze macro (switched with R if encounter demands it)
ALT+§ - Raise Ally
MOUSE 3 - Dark Simulacrum
9 - Raise Dead
< (0) - Horn of winter

* For DPS classes/specs - What is your average DPS in a typical 10/25-man raid boss fight. Linking a screenshot showing 5 minutes on the raider's target dummy (or until you run out of mana) is a big plus!

I do not have any up to date World of logs documents to provide since the latest one was posted back in May/June. Just happend to have a screen shot dated a month ago from a BH25 run.

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/8905/wowscrnshot102911182855.jpg

* Earlier guild(s). Why did you leave or get kicked?:

Stated in the history/alt section. From TBC to this point -> Ancient all along.

* Can you manage to attend raids on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 19:00-23:00 on a regular basis?

Indeed i can.. If not, i will let officers know in advance.

* Do you follow instructions during raids and can you handle criticism from the leaders?

Yes i can.

* Do you have the habit of reading up on all new encounters? Do you stay up to date with class changes?

Yes on both questions.

* Are you able to supply yourself with sufficient amounts for flasks, potions and power food for each raid?

Yes.

* Have you got ventrilo and a working microphone? Do you have an easy time communicating during raids?

Yes.

* Is there anything that can force you to go AFK during raids?

Probably, just cant come up with a reason at the moment.

* On a scale from 1-10, how stable is your internet connection?

* Tell us a little about yourself (optional):

26 years old. Studying film producing in Trollhättan, originally from Stockholm. I drink far too much and use snus to the breaking point.

* Do you know anyone in the guild?
Perhaps

* Tell us briefly, using your own words - Why do you like to raid and why should we consider your application over others?

Swedish guild, well used to be swedish.. Not looking for hardcore raiding in terms of everyday raiding on sick hardmodes.. Just want to compete on recount and have fun while doing it.

Bäver
Back to top Go down
Surkalv

Antal inlägg : 100

PostSubject: Re: Maglight - UH/FR Death Knight (Accepted)   Fri 11 Nov 2011 - 15:37

The application looks good, seems like you're aware of your class and you know how to play it. It would probably be enough just to say you're from trollhättan. Half our guild is from trollhättan Smile

Accepted. I'll logg on later to invite you. Otherwise, just talk to someone with a member rank or above for an invite.

Edit. Just realized, Nicolasmage is studying film production in trollhättan aswell. Jonas tjällman (tjäppen), does that ring a bell?
Back to top Go down
Gäst

PostSubject: Re: Maglight - UH/FR Death Knight (Accepted)   Fri 11 Nov 2011 - 16:19

Alrighty, just need to migrate it back to bladefist, doing it tonight, ill whisper any of u when its done..

Nope, dont know him, we're studying different roles, on different places as well.
Back to top Go down
tullarn

Antal inlägg : 8

PostSubject: Re: Maglight - UH/FR Death Knight (Accepted)   Fri 11 Nov 2011 - 17:39

Trollhättan - Nerd capitol of Sweden?
I believe so Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maglight - UH/FR Death Knight (Accepted)   

Back to top Go down

Maglight - UH/FR Death Knight (Accepted)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Infinitum :: General :: Apply to Infinitum-
Jump to: