Infinitum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A guild among friends on the realm Bladefist, WoW.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Helmbreaker - Application as a Tank (Accepted)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Helmbreaker

Antal inlägg : 12

Helmbreaker - Application as a Tank (Accepted) Empty
PostSubject: Helmbreaker - Application as a Tank (Accepted)   Helmbreaker - Application as a Tank (Accepted) Icon_minitime1Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 16:56

Name:
Delhusza Flavio

Nationality:
Hungarian

Character name:
Helmbreaker

Class:
Warrior

Mainspec/offspec:
Protection/Fury

Professions:
Mining, Engineering

Armory-link:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bladefist/Helmbreaker/advanced

I will be available to get 1000 more valor on Wednesday and then i will get the VP helm. Already got the gems for it and the rep for the enchant, and thus my worst equipped item will be replaced!
I farmed Well of Eternity for the epic helm and tanking mace but i gave up. After my 5th run i started counting how many times those items didnt drop. Also wrote down what dropped.
I have done well of eternity 37 times. 26 of that times the first boss dropped trickster's edge(what a joke).
The green caster trinket from mannoroth also dropped 23 times (what a joke too)

List you experince in vanilla/tbc/wotlk/cata raids. If you have pre-cata experience, keep it to the character- and gear level it was designed for!
With my warrior i have minimal raiding experience from BC.

Do you have any alts that you have raid experience with? Armory link(s):
I raided mostly in WotLK with my rogue. It was my main then. Did almost all of the 10 man raids in WotLK.
Naxxramass 10 cleared.
Ulduar 10 cleared.
Trial of the crusader 10 cleared.
Trial of the grand crusader 10 cleared.

What addons do you use?
Deadly Boss Mods
Omen Threat Meter

Incase you have an offspec - Do you have experience/gear for raiding with it?
My offspec gear is not gemmed, enchanted so, no its not geared for raiding.

Describe you key bindings, rotations/priority and macros for your mainspec and offspec respectively:
I have a key binding for pretty mutch every ability instead of my shouts and a few cooldowns.
Priority. First ofcourse i apply demoralizing, Thunder clap(if they dont resist it like99.999% of the time -.-), and sunder armor.
Spamming Thunderclap to stack the lightning struck buff. When reached 3 stacks use shockwave(or save shockwave if there are adds that need to be tanked during bossfight). Shieldslam whenever available. When on cooldown I'm using revenge > Devastate to trigger the free shieldslam. If i have enough rage spam mortal strike. Ofc keeping demoralizing up just before it would expire. Also love using spellreflect whenever possible.
I dont have any special macros. Did find any that i thought i would really need or improve my performance.

Earlier guild(s). Why did you leave or get kicked?:
I quitted wow in WotLK before Icecrown came.

Can you manage to attend raids on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 19:00-23:00 on a regular basis?
Yes.

Do you follow instructions during raids and can you handle criticism from the leaders?
I strictly follow instructions. I am not the raid leader and i understand that the raid leader makes the decisions and not me. I make suggestions at most. I do what i am told.
I can absolutely handle criticism but i want those who criticise me to imagine the situation i am in.

Do you have the habit of reading up on all new encounters? Do you stay up to date with class changes?
Allways read the whole patchnotes, and read up a lot of things on the forums. So Yes!

Are you able to supply yourself with sufficient amounts for flasks, potions and power food for each raid?
Yes.

Have you got ventrilo and a working microphone? Do you have an easy time communicating during raids?
Yes. However i sometimes had problem understanding the raid leaders but that was mainly their fault couse they spoke either too fast or something and then i needed to sak them to repeate. I mean i suggest it was their fauls since i got 93% on the highest ranked english exam available in my country.

Is there anything that can force you to go AFK during raids?
No. Okay maybe if i have an exploding diarrhea.

On a scale from 1-10, how stable is your internet connection?

Tell us a little about yourself (optional):
Calm, relaxed, helpful, fun. Mainly.

Do you know anyone in the guild?
Nope.

Tell us briefly, using your own words - Why do you like to raid and why should we consider your application over others?

I played wow for about 2 years. Was only PVPing on lvl70. Started raiding in WotLK, and quitted sometime before Icecrow Citadel in WotLK. I came back to playing wow a month ago. Decided to go with my warrior instead of my rogue. Wanted to be a tank who fights with the big moster and not one from the many dpses. I was worlds first in Dawn of War 2 for some time and won truestyle tournament in Devil May Cry 4. Both of these recquire instane buttonmashings and reflexes, so compared to these wow PVE was allways a cakewalk with the global 1sec cooldown on almost everything. I allways thought that going to raids was ment to be done with guild members that you know, and i was allways picky about my guilds. I never used raid finder couse it is really agains my beliefs. Never did pubs either. I'm a competetive player and you can expect dedication from me. I dont just want to go to those raids to see whats inside them, or for the loot. I want to give my maximum and i want others to do their best too. I believe that in a high ranked guild on the realm like this i will find what I am looking for.

Hope i didnt forgot anything.
Back to top Go down
Helmbreaker

PostSubject: Re: Helmbreaker - Application as a Tank (Accepted)   Helmbreaker - Application as a Tank (Accepted) Icon_minitime1Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 17:00

I forgot:
I did not reforge my equipment yet becouse eventhough i red several artickles about it I'm unsure if i should reforge that many things to mastery. Dunny why. Just my stupid gut feeling. Gona read some more artickles about it i guess.

And yet again i forgot what else i wanted to submit.
Back to top Go down
Surkalv
Surkalv

Antal inlägg : 100

PostSubject: Re: Helmbreaker - Application as a Tank (Accepted)   Helmbreaker - Application as a Tank (Accepted) Icon_minitime1Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 17:44

Greetings!

As you said, your gear is not reforged.

Visit - http://www.wowreforge.com or http://www.askmrrobot.com for help on that one.

Although, I can just explain it briefly. Mastery > parry => dodge > expertise > hit.

There are 2 ways to reforge. Some say even out parry and dodge, some say try to keep parry around 25% higher than your dodge.

I hate to tell you this, now that I see you've been spending big money on your gems, but most of them are wrong.

Yellow socket = 40 mastery

Red socket = 20 parry + 20 mastery

Blue socket = 20 mastery + 30 stamina

Although, you might want to put in a 40 mastery gem if the socket bonus is not worth having. For example, there's a helmet in one of the new heroics with expertise as a socket bonus. Requires a red gem to take. You want to ignore that bonus and just put in a 40 mastery gem.

I am not that good on warriors, but I do think your spec is a little bit off. You seem to have some unnecessary talents.

I do understand people are against the raid finder. But it still provides you with a great amount of gear. And it'll teach you some basics of the normal fights. It's a good experience and I suggest you try it out.

Right now, we're not in need of any tanks, we got 2 or 3 on trial. Although, I am willing to give you a chance if you fix your gear. So I am up for giving you a social spot untill I find a day to try you out.

I do see some potential in you, so if you wish to join during these circumstances, try to get a hold of a member for an invite,
Back to top Go down
Surkalv
Surkalv

PostSubject: Re: Helmbreaker - Application as a Tank (Accepted)   Helmbreaker - Application as a Tank (Accepted) Icon_minitime1Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 17:45

Props to Ashy for these calculations! If you take the time to read this, you'll get some insight of stuff works.

This guide, if you will, is aimed at the ever elusive "unhittable" term and what it actually means as well as why it may or may not be worth going for. I'v mainly written it down for my fellow tanks (yes, you skrye), but it may prove useful to everyone to know a little more about some of it, the inner workings of Attack Tables particularly i suppose. So, without further ado; Lets dive right into this, shall we?

First of all, what does ”Unhittable” mean?
It has nothing to do with tanks never getting hit, it means that the bosses will never hit the tank with a FULL hit. Consider the following: If the boss really do hit the tank (the attack is not dodged and it doesn't miss) then this hit is either a full OR mitigated hit. If the hit is mitigated it is either parried or blocked. Armor do come into play in all of this but since we cant really do anything about how much armor we have I will just omit armor mitigation.
So, the goal is then basically that every time the boss swing a melee hit at the tank that swing should miss, be dodged, parried or blocked and never just “hit”. To understand how this works you need to know a few things about how Attack Tables work (don't worry, I wont go into this with extremely tedious math, just some basic concepts and a few numbers).

When any kind of mob, boss or otherwise, make a melee attack against a player the result of the attack is the outcome of the game rolling on the Attack Table. This table looks like the following:

Miss
Dodge
Parry
Block
Critical Hit
Hit

But since all tanks should be specc'd into whatever talent they have that makes them crit-imune the Attack Table should always look like this for tanks:

Miss
Dodge
Parry
Block
Hit

Now, with this in mind you simply take the value on your character panel and add them into the table, here's Ashy's unbuffed stats using nearly full bis tier 12 gear:

Miss...........5%.............0.0 – 5.0
Dodge........15.04%......5.1 – 20.04
Parry .........16.26%......20.05 – 36.30
Block .........57.05%......36.31 – 93.35
Hit.............9.05%........93.36 – 102.4

This table is used every time something (boss, trash, critter etc..) melee Ashy. The range in which the attacker rolls varies somewhat though depending on it's level compared to you. What this mean is that if something that is the same level as you (lvl 85 vs 85) make a swing then it will do a roll 0 – 100. For every level above you this range increase with .2% for miss, dodge, parry and block respectively essentially increasing the mobs roll range with (.2% for each value = .2% x 4) .8% for each level. Boss level mobs are always 3 levels above you, regardless of your own level (meaning this is just as true for Ragnaros in Molten Core as with Ragnaros in Firelands.) thus the total increase in roll range for boss level mobs is 3 x .8 = 2.4 meaning a boss will roll 0 – 102.4 for every melee hit.

So, keeping in mind the Attack Table above we can start letting a boss, say Shannox for example, take swings at Ashy! First swing is rolled 42.01 and the game matches this number against the Attack Table and it falls between the 36.31 – 93.35 range, meaning Shannox hit's Ashy and the hit is blocked. Another roll, unrelated to the Attack Table, will determine if this is a block or a critical block. The damage taken is then reduced by the amount of block/critical block, then further reduced by armor and finally applied to Ashy.

Now that you know how the Attack Table work lets see what we can do to remove normal hits from the table completely, “pushing it of” as the theorycrafters call it. Ashy's chance to be hit with these stats is 9.05%, meaning she need's a total of 9.05% more Dodge, Parry or Block. Warriors however has Shield Block that increase block with 25% (and further increasing Parry by 6% with our t12 4-set bonus) so lets see what happens when we increase Ashy's Block with 25%:

Second 0 – 10:
Miss...........5%.............0.0 – 5.0
Parry .........16.26%......20.05 – 36.30
Block .........82.05%......36.31 – 118.36
Hit.............0%.............118.36 - ...

Remember: a boss level mob will always roll 0 – 102.4, meaning it will now never be able to place the roll within the Hit range. All swings during Shield Block will thus always be either misses, dodges, parries or blocks. You are now effectively unhittable... at least until Shield Block run out and at which point the 4-set t12 bonus comes into play. Recall it provides 6% additional parry:

Second 10 – 20:
Miss...........5%............0.0 – 5.0
Parry ..........22.26%.....20.05 – 42.30
Block ..........57.05%.....42.31 – 99.35
Hit..............3.05%.......99.35 – 102.4

At this point the boss can once again hit Ashy with full hits if the roll is in the 99.35 – 102.4 range.
To become unhittable during this phase Ashy will need 3.05% more dodge, parry or block. Mastery converts into points with 179.28 rating / 1 point and each point of mastery increase block by an additional 1.5%. So, for Ashy to become unhittable during this phase she will need 3.05 / 1.5 = 2.0333.. = 2.0333... x 179.28 = 364,536. Rounding up we get 365 additional mastery rating needed.
That should be fairly easy with a mastery elixir (+225 mastery) and by replacing boots & gloves (another +150 mastery).

Second 20 – 30:

Miss..........5%............0.0 – 5.0
Dodge.......15.04%......5.1 – 20.04
Parry ........16.26%......20.05 – 36.30
Block ........57.05%......36.31 – 93.35
Hit.............9.05%.......93.36 – 102.4

At this point (after the 4-set bonus ends and before the 30 sec cd of shield block comes up) no additional bonus exists so Ashy will need 9.05% additional dodge, parry or block. 9.05% translate into (9.05 / 1.5 = 6.033... x 179.28 = 1081.656) 1082 extra mastery needed. With Ashy's current gear this is unreachable until she get to start looting heroic firelands gear... a lot of it as well, so at this point in time there's really no point going for it and sacrificing thousands of HP in the process.

And back to the beginning of the rotation again.

This is all from a protection warriors point of view though so paladins may want to go for the hardcap of mastery to reach unhittable anyway since mastery scales better (less rating needed / point of mastery) for paladins then for warriors. This difference in scaling is balanced out by warriors critical block and Shield block ability, wich in itself is an awsome tool, but considering the Shield Specialization talent we warriors have that, among other things, make shield block reduce spell damage taken for the first 6 of the 10 seconds it is up by 20% it may be desired to sit on it for big incoming magic damage (like nefarian crackles) and not have it up at all times. It's a a decision the warrior will have to do: save it for incommoding spell damage or keep it up as much as possible to be unhittable for about 66% of the fight.

I will personally not be going to hardcap myself with mastery (+1082 mastery to completely push Hit of the table during the phase when Shield Block and t12 4-set bonus is down) since it will be all but impossible in my current raiding environment and even with a lot more gear I will have to sacrifice to much stamina for it to be worth the extra time i'm unhittable by 33% of the fight. I would recommend paladins to try it though.
Back to top Go down
Helmbreaker

PostSubject: Re: Helmbreaker - Application as a Tank (Accepted)   Helmbreaker - Application as a Tank (Accepted) Icon_minitime1Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 18:32

Maybe i shouldn't have waited 5 days with my application as the member recruiting in trade chat said. I was told i should wait with my application until the end of the week. Whatever. So i should ask someone for an inv and hope for other tanks on trial to fail. Farm gold for gems. I will try to ask someone for an invite i guess.
Back to top Go down
Surkalv
Surkalv

PostSubject: Re: Helmbreaker - Application as a Tank (Accepted)   Helmbreaker - Application as a Tank (Accepted) Icon_minitime1Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 20:17

Helmbreaker wrote:
Maybe i shouldn't have waited 5 days with my application as the member recruiting in trade chat said. I was told i should wait with my application until the end of the week. Whatever. So i should ask someone for an inv and hope for other tanks on trial to fail. Farm gold for gems. I will try to ask someone for an invite i guess.

Well, if 1 fails, you're up. If they don't show for a specific day, you're up. So you'll get your chance to prove yourself. We only got 1 excess tank at the moment.

I see you got an invite though. Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Helmbreaker - Application as a Tank (Accepted)   Helmbreaker - Application as a Tank (Accepted) Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Helmbreaker - Application as a Tank (Accepted)
Page 1 of 1