Infinitum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A guild among friends on the realm Bladefist, WoW.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jày ret/prot paladin (Accepted)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gäst

Jày ret/prot paladin (Accepted) Empty
PostSubject: Jày ret/prot paladin (Accepted)   Jày ret/prot paladin (Accepted) Icon_minitime1Fri 18 Nov 2011 - 10:15

•Name:
Jamie Davis

•Character name:
Jày

•Class:
Paladin

•Mainspec/offspec: PVE prot/ PVP ret (but looking to change to pve ret in next patch)
i know im probably applying to early without farming decent ret gear, but i fully intend farming it in the next patch (to start now and get only 1 or 2 weeks worth of valor only to have it converted down to justice seems silly)

•Professions:
alch mining

•Armory-link:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bladefist/J%c3%a0y/simple

•List you experince in vanilla/tbc/wotlk/cata raids. If you have pre-cata experience, keep it to the character- and gear level it was designed for!
nothing on my paladin exept old raids revisited for transmorg gear most raid exp on my lock (link below)

•Do you have any alts that you have raid experience with? Armory link(s):
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bladefist/J%c3%a1y/simple

•What addons do you use?
Tukui, omen, DBM, powa auras, tidy plates

•Incase you have an offspec - Do you have experience/gear for raiding with it?
my 'main' spec at the moment is prot PVE but the gear i have, stopped just after the zandalari heroics came out. since then i have only done PVP and that is my ret spec but i have 95% ruthless

•Describe you key bindings, rotations/priority and macros for your mainspec and offspec respectively:
i use a razer nostromo, i dont really have a rotation as such other than keeping inquistion up as much as possible and zealotry and other cooldowns

•For DPS classes/specs - What is your average DPS in a typical 10/25-man raid boss fight. Linking a screenshot showing 5 minutes on the raider's target dummy (or until you run out of mana) is a big plus!
i hit 16k single target in black temple with mag last night, obviosly with my pvp gear at the moment i am not hit capped for the recent raids.

•Earlier guild(s). Why did you leave or get kicked?:
Ancient left because we stopped raiding :'(

•Can you manage to attend raids on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 19:00-23:00 on a regular basis?
i will try my hardest

•Do you follow instructions during raids and can you handle criticism from the leaders?
yes

•Do you have the habit of reading up on all new encounters? Do you stay up to date with class changes?
yes

•Are you able to supply yourself with sufficient amounts for flasks, potions and power food for each raid?
yes

•Have you got ventrilo and a working microphone? Do you have an easy time communicating during raids?
i dont have it installed at the moment but its no problem to get it. yes i have a microphone and can use it

•Is there anything that can force you to go AFK during raids?
no, exept a desperate need to pee?!

•On a scale from 1-10, how stable is your internet connection?
8 (always disconnects 1 minute after turning the PC on after that dc its fine and stable)

•Tell us a little about yourself (optional):
i drive a van for a removal company part time (a few days a week as and when they need me)

my partner, Laura, and i recently relocated 200 miles to a new home and spent 5 months homeless and sleeping at friends houses due to this i have been unable to commit to raids since may. we moved into our new house about 2 months ago and are finally settling down and i would really love to start raiding again but on my new character and since my old guild have stopped raiding i have (i must admit reluctantly) had to look else where to be able to have a chance to do this.

i am a fun person, but can understand when to be sensible and concentrate.

me and Laura live with her 2 boys Thomas and Jacob, i have 3 children of my own from a previous marriage and i still keep in contact with my ex's 3 eldest children and have them to stay as often as i can. making a grand total of 8 children that i am responsible for (poor poor things)

i enjoy messing about with computers, building gadgets, driving and watching films and spending time with Laura and obvioulsy playing wow.

I keep marine fish and have a new(ish) website for marine keepers to share ideas, ask for help from experts etc.

•Do you know anyone in the guild?
maglight, arachna

•Tell us briefly, using your own words - Why do you like to raid and why should we consider your application over others?
i love raiding simply because of that feeling you get as the hp on a boss that you have not yet killed goes down to 3% and you still have 99% of your raiders alive and you know its in the bag for the first time after you have wiped and wiped and wiped on it for ages, the anticipation in the last few seconds before it goes down of people on teamspeak/vent cheering, and the achiev spam etc
Back to top Go down
Surkalv
Surkalv

Antal inlägg : 100

PostSubject: Re: Jày ret/prot paladin (Accepted)   Jày ret/prot paladin (Accepted) Icon_minitime1Fri 18 Nov 2011 - 22:34

Hello Smile

I like your apply, well written. I honestly don't think we can squeeze in another melee though in the raiding group with your current gear. You are currently logged out with the wrong gear though.

I need to speak to the others first, since we got some changes incoming, that might work out for you. Although, how would you feel about playing prot when dragon soul hits? I can most likely get you a spot if your gear isn't too bad.
Back to top Go down
Gäst

PostSubject: Re: Jày ret/prot paladin (Accepted)   Jày ret/prot paladin (Accepted) Icon_minitime1Fri 18 Nov 2011 - 22:43

hi, thanks for reading my app and for the reply Smile

i leveled as prot and have more experience with it, i have just not been in a position to tank anything new, hard or progress on it and am un-aware of the pressure that would involve as yet. but i am definatly more than willing to try.

i think i would really prefer to be prot and was only going for ret because i feel most established guilds have decent dedicated tanks already.

thanks again and i am willing to take any and all critisism and advice and hope that i am succesful.

i had logged out earlier in my tank gear. i cant get on my pc now till the morning to change it.

also having just read Kukers apply i wouldnt mind applying as social for now if thats better while i re-gear
Back to top Go down
Surkalv
Surkalv

Antal inlägg : 100

PostSubject: Re: Jày ret/prot paladin (Accepted)   Jày ret/prot paladin (Accepted) Icon_minitime1Fri 18 Nov 2011 - 23:03

Sure thing Smile I'll invite you to our alt run this sunday, if you wish to try out tanking and gear up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jày ret/prot paladin (Accepted)   Jày ret/prot paladin (Accepted) Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Jày ret/prot paladin (Accepted)
Page 1 of 1